Customized webinars, training, and conferences based on your organizational or individual needs.
Expertise for training and education opportunities:
- Healthcare issues in aging and family
- Non-governmental organization innovation
- Aging and disability resource centers and ‘no-wrong door’ models of service
- Person-centered service development
- Strategic planning
- Develop policy or practices for your organization
- Lead/support grant-funded projects or activities
- Conceptual development support for organizational efficiency, grant projects, innovative business concepts.
- Aging and sexuality issues
- Cognitive capacity to consent to sexual activity
- Sexuality safety
- Difficult conversations about aging and sexuality
- Policy and program development for long-term care environments and facilities
- Ethics consultation
- Intimate relationships and sexuality
- End-of-life ethics and decision-making
- Family caregiver support
Joe has taught the following university level courses:
- Adult Development and Aging at Iowa State University
- Course focused on the biopsychosocial development of adults throughout the aging process.
- Death as a Part of Living at Iowa State University
- Course emphasized understanding the various experiences and understanding of death and dying for humans. Emphasized end-of-life decision-making and health care ethics.
- Introductory Bioethics at Grandview University
- Course introduced students to biomedical ethics and navigating ethical dilemmas in health care and health care environments.