With over twenty years of management experience in health and human services, I launched Sample Professional Services to provide management support, consultation, and education/training for organizations/corporations, groups (large or small), and individuals seeking support and information. As you will see from the information below, you will find additional skills that might be of interest and benefit for individuals, groups, and organizations.
Ph.D. from Iowa State University
Major: Human Development & Family Studies
Research Focus: aging & sexuality, aging, sexual ethics, biomedical ethics and health policy, and end-of-life
Masters in Bioethics & Health Policy from Loyola University-Chicago (M.A.)
Research Capstone: Defining a “good death” in Tanzania
Masters in Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Emphasis: Health resource management
- Iowa State University:
- Sexuality and Aging (HDFS 501R)
- Adult Development and Aging (HDFS 234)
- Death as a Part of Living (HDFS 373xw)
- Grandview University: Introduction to Bioethics (PHIL 325AE)
- Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging, Executive Director (SPS contract), Pleasantville, Iowa.
- Guardianship Association of Iowa Network, Administration Manager (SPS contract), Pleasantville, Iowa.
- Heritage Area Agency on Aging, Executive Director. Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Iowa Department on Aging, Executive Officer II. Des Moines, Iowa.
- Grandview University, Adjunct Instructor, Des Moines, Iowa.
- UnityPoint-Des Moines (formerly Iowa Health-Des Moines), Research Administration. Des Moines, Iowa.
- Free Clinics of Iowa (formerly Iowa Healthcare Access Network), Assistant Director. Des Moines, Iowa.
- Easter Seals of Iowa, management positions. Des Moines, Iowa.
- Iowa Department of Public Health, Board of Medicine, Director of Licensure & Administration. Des Moines, Iowa.
- Joe Sample Counseling, Principal/Provider. Des Moines, Iowa.
- Iowa Department of Human Services-Polk County, Child Protection Services Manager. Des Moines, Iowa.
- USAging (formerly National Association of Area Agencies on Aging) Board of Directors
- Iowa Association of Area Agencies on Aging Board of Directors
- Iowa’s Developmental Disabilities Council Appointed Member
- Iowa’s Statewide Independent Living Council Appointed Member
- Iowa’s Mental Health Planning and Advisory Council Member
- Iowa’s Olmstead Taskforce
- Iowa Healthcare Collaborative Advisory Council
- Warren County Board of Health
- UnityPoint-Des Moines Bioethics Committee Member
Academic and professional activities:
- Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality, member
- Special Interest Group co-chair
- Gerontology Society of America, member
- Gerontology Society of Iowa, board chair
- Aging & Sexuality research, policy, practice, and training/education
- Aging & Healthcare
- End-of-life planning
- Family caregiving
- Aging Policy
- Family Policy
- Biomedical ethics & Healthcare
- Ethics analysis and consultation
- Healthcare administration, services, and resource management
- Healthcare policy
- NGO/Non-profit/Government administration
- Leadership development
- Organizational strategic planning and consultation
- Business start-up and development
- Social media, website, electronic newsletters, and email marketing content management
All posts on this website are my own and not necessarily those of my employer/contractor or other professional relationships.